Thursday 5 December 2013

Christmas and Crutches

Some of you may or may not know that me and my left knee are not the best of friends. For those who are unaware, I dislocated my left knee quite badly 5 years ago, and since then it has the wonderful habit of slipping out occasionally, often while I'm cracking out some of my not-quite-strictly moves. Well on Friday it decided to do it again pretty badly during a pirouette or similar move. So here I am, in a cast, with crutches, with only Phil and Holly for company. 







As much as I love feeling sorry for myself I'm going to stop. Because despite being sofa-bound, Christmas has still managed to arrive in our little London flat. 

I had my heart set on a real tree this year, so Steve went out and dutifully bought this little baby for me. I somehow underestimated the whole bauble/tree ratio, and my 3 homemade baubles aren't quite cutting it. But I think he has a bit of charm about him all the same! 

Before all this palava happened I managed to get on the ice at Somerset House for some outdoor ice skating. I hadn't been ice skating since I was 14, so did a rather good Bambi impression for the first ten minutes. It's SUCH good fun though, and if you can get to Somerset House, it's worth it just for the setting. Skating around to a lit-up backdrop of the building is pretty beautiful. Pop it on your list of things to do. 

I'm determined to play hostess with not the mostess on Saturday and host an afternoon of mulled wine, mince pies and Mariah sing alongs so everyone can admire our tree and his bountiful decorations. I'm going to insist on no dancing allowed though (well for me anyway) as I'm quite fond of my other knee.
 Hope you're all having a marvellous Christmas run-up so far! 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment