Wednesday 6 November 2013

I Made Autumn Apple and Cinnamon Mini Muffins!

The latest instalment in the 'I Made' series comes in the form of something edible that actually worked! It's a mini muffin miracle.

I LOVEEE cinnamon, and would quite happily liberally sprinkle it on anything, so I've taken to carrying around a small pot in my bag incase of emergencies. 

The latest emergency was a forlorn apple that needed eating but looked pretty boring on its own. So, I adapted several recipes I found online depending on what I had in the cupboard, and came up with apple and cinnamon mini muffins. I only used one apple in contrast to quite a lot of cinnamon, so you might want to alter those quantities depending on how much you like each! These are perfect with a good old cuppa and a Christmas song sing-along. (It's never too early).

These were only mini as I only had cupcake cases... Otherwise they'd have been muffin muffins :) They're SO easy to make, and come out ridiculous light and fluffy. I added a cinnamon sugar topping, but reckon they'd be pretty and pretty with a vanilla glaze too...



To make 12 muffins (16 mini muffins) 
You will need:


80g brown/golden sugar (gives them a nice brown Autumish feel)
80g caster sugar
150g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
115ml milk
1.5 tsp ground cinnnamon
1 egg
85g melted butter
1 large apple (grated)

For the topping:
3 tbsp caster sugar
1 tbsp ground cinnamon


What to do:
Preheat oven to 185c (not sure what that is in gas, sorryyyy)
Combine the sugars, flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl
Mix in all the other ingredients
Spoon into cases
Bake for around 16 mins or until golden on top
Pop the kettle on and leave to cool
Combine the sugar and cinnamon and either dip the cakes in, or sprinkle on top and shake off the excess.
Eat at least three of them.



x




No comments:

Post a Comment