Monday 28 October 2013

My first... Pumpkin.

This weekend roundup is a bit of a cheat, as it actually starts on Thursday. But I reckon all weekends should start on a Thursday.

We were meant to go and see Mickey Flannagan live but the show got cancelled, so instead we joined the queue on Wardour  Street for Busaba Eathai, which ended up being a pretty good second best. I'd been recommended the Thai calamari, and so dutifully ordered it as a side alongside a prawn and coconut stir fry. Honestly? I could have eaten 3 bowls of the calamari and not have felt an ounce of remorse. Quite honestly the best calamari I think could exist. So soft, slightly spicy and ridiculously moreish. Go, go, eat.




We spent the weekend at my cousin's, who has the world's best 2 year old as well as her own handmade card company - Ruby Rose Cards. Saturday morning consisted of dancing to One Direction, playing hide and seek, nattering over craft ideas, making cards and eating wayyy too many chocolate fingers. 

This was before... PUMPKIN CARVING!  I got a bit lot carried away and insisted on top secrecy of designs until the big reveal. Amelie the world's best 2 year old naturally pointed at my moustached design as her favourite. But then she also pointed at it when I asked which was the most rubbish. Hmm.






All this was topped off with coming home and making flapjack for work's version of GBBO today.


I was rather hoping the office might have been blown away Wizard of Oz style, but sadly not.
 Oh well, at least there's cake...
x



No comments:

Post a Comment