Tuesday 22 October 2013

Merrily We Roll Along UK Premiere

Last night I got my gladrags on and tottered on down to the Odeon cinema in Haymarket for the UK premiere of Merrily We Roll Along. Does anyone else have a boyfriend who gets stroppy if you're taller than them in heels. And therefore makes you totter across cobbled streets solo. Or just me?

So this was my first ever premiere, and I'd love to say I was invited because of my witty and wonderful blog, but actually I'm the sister of the co-founder of Digital Theatre - the extraordinary company that filmed and produced the movie.

Because of this fact I'm not going to be biased after this one teenie statement. Promise.  It was bloomingly utterly brilliant.

Merrily We Roll Along is a West End musical which has been a huge hit both here in London and in Broadway. Filmed during live shows, seeing it on big screen is an amazing amalgamation of theatre and cinema.

The cast were also in the audience, providing an amazing atmosphere and the occasional whoop. If I was watching myself on big screen I'd be dancing on my seat and whooping til the cows came home.

Check out this link to find out which of your local cinemas it's being screened at.

Then it was off to the Haymarket Hotel ('s swimming pool) for an after party of too much wine and not enough humous and Parma ham. (No amount of humous and Parma ham is ever enough)...

What I wore: 
Jacquard skater dress - Zara
Heels - New Look
Lippy (the reddest lip I've ever dared wear) - Barry M shade 163
Necklace - DIYd out of an old chain and a pearl bracelet (all broken, swapped about and put back together)


Pretending to get papped...

Just mingling with Mumma Shaw by the pool, y'know...


The pool. It's with pride I announce I didn't even dip a toe.

Sorry for the rubbish photo quality, I was trying to play it cool and take them 'subtly' ...
x

No comments:

Post a Comment