Friday 4 October 2013

The Food Baby Returns: Embankment Real Food Market

This evening I met up with the rather wonderful Shu from shulikesclothes, who I haven't seen for approximately AN AGE. She is my fellow food baby friend, the girl who introduced me to the delights of banana pancakes, and the only person who shared in, and sympathised with my unhealthy peanut butter obsession for a good few months. We also made a rather brilliant fluffy bunny video together. I did worry for a while that our friendship was based solely on food, but then we also realised we had a shared love for cocktails. Hmm.

Anywayyyy, she recommended we head to the embankment for a romantic Friday night food session, (maybe I was right...). Tucked away behind the Southbank Centre by the Thames, I had an incredible Korean burrito full of spicy pork belly and rice, followed by cinnamon sugar-dusted churros and chocolate dipping sauce. (She made me.) Shu had a confit duck brioche with goats cheese made by some lovely French boys. I'm a sucker for the French accent. Definitely heading there next time s'il vous plait.








We then stumbled across the Shouthbank Centre shop, which is ALMOST as good as Tiger. Think duvet covers you can draw on, books about angry crayons and cloud and scissor shaped cushions!



Although nowhere near as big as Borough Market, it's a lovely place to pop down to after work, and is full of deli stands, sausages, cheese, chorizo, beers and cake stalls... basically all the things you need of a Friday evening.
Also, you can guarantee a nice r
omantic walk back over the thames afterwards. 
I think at night, lit up by all the twinkly lights, is the only time I fall in love a little bit with London. 

Anyway, enough mush. Byeeee!
x



No comments:

Post a Comment