Thursday 5 September 2013

10 Things I Hate About Me

Harsh title, but  it's in reference to the 10 Things I Hate About You film, so don't panic. I love myself really.




I was thinking the other day about job interviews, and the random questions people get asked. I think I could deal with telling someone who I'd like at my fantasy dinner party, or who I'd save first from a burning building, but if it came to talking about my weaknesses or bad habits I think I'd crumble. Not because I can't think of any but because I I'd almost definitely get on a role and bore them all into piteous tears.

So then I figured it was best to write them all down on here and get them out of my system. As you will see, there are A LOT of things I do that annoy myself:


1. I can't watch a television programme or film on my own.

AND IT'S REALLY ANNOYING. I'll fidget, I'll pause it to make a cup of tea, I'll check my instagram, I'll think about what someone else would make of it. I rewind bits, I fast foward bits, I go out and check my sunflower and miss bits. JUST SIT STILL. 

2. I can't bake something without a part of it going wrong.

Always. Something will burn or my icing will be too runny or I'll not have enough self raising flour. It always comes right in the end though. The cupcakes for the Wedding of the Year went from lemon flavoured edible flower decorated beauties, to vanilla flavoured with homemade chocolate buttons to vanilla flavoured with dubious icing and blueberries from the fridge. All in a day.

3. I can never decide what to order in restaurants.

Does anyone else have this problem? I've taught myself to try and find the restaurant's online menu before I go so I don't turn into some bumbling bumbler when the waitress comes. The amount of times I've asked a waitress or waiter to pick for me is frankly a bit silly. I need to become a fussy eater.

4. I frown in my sleep.

I'll go to the toilet in the middle of the night and through bleary eyes see frown marks deeply entrenched inbetween my eyebrows!! They must be at least 2cm deep. I then have to go back to bed consciously smiling. What do I dream about?! Probably restaurant menus...

5. I make up numbers and facts.

Tell me a fact or show me a statistic and I will exaggerate or get it completely wrong in the retelling. I can't help it, sorry. They always sound more impressive when I tell them though. 

6. I talk to myself.

This is why I need a boyfriend, or at least a dog.

7. The smallest and oddest things make me emotional.
I cried the other day over cooking a piece of salmon. I cried yesterday about Christmas. Imagine what I'm like when I pass a homeless person or newborn baby. 
8. I always think there's so much I need to do and see with my life.
Maybe this shouldn't annoy me quite so much. But then maybe I should stop more often and appreciate what I do have, and have done.

9. I will try and give you the answer you want to hear.

What should you have for lunch? An easy question to answer for some, but not for me. What does this person want me to say? Can I see in their eyes that they fancy a BLT? Or are they asking me because they want someone to give them permission to have a Burger King. Or is it a double bluff, and infact they're asking me on a sushi date with them?

10. I cannot refuse a pudding.


Now I'm prepared. I can strongly declare to future employers that my only worst habit is doing too much work.
x


1 comment: