Thursday 26 September 2013

Oop North

This weekend I made the lovely pilgrimage back up north to my home town. I don't think you ever quite appreciate home until you move away. In a nutshell, the weekend was mainly made up of food and a minor ginger-based disaster, but it was flipping lovely, as ever.


It all kicked off with this. There is nothing quite like Northern chip shop gravy.


Mumma and Dadda Shaw have invested in a Tassimo coffee maker, which makes the prettiest layered coffees. You're meant to mix it, but that just spoils the pretty. It was munched with a cranberry and orange cupcake, and then followed by a salted caramel cupcake. Amazing. I'm going to try and nab the recipe and post it on here...



Everytime I go home I see myself turning into my Mum a little bit more. This weekend was definitely no exception...


About 15 minutes from where I live is Thaymars - the place for the best ice cream. You may have heard of them... keep your eyes peeled for their ice creamy goodness as they sell it quite largely now. From the days of a tiny tea room at the back of their house, they've transformed into this. This weekend was the turn of banana and toffee. Beauuutiful. 


Mumma Shaw makes a mean yorkshire pud. Apparently  it's all down to the not-so-secret ingredient of sparkling water...


And now to the minor disaster. During a trip to Meadowhall (think Sheffield's version of Westfield/Trafford Centre) I had the marvellous idea of going auburn! Oh Hey Tone inspired this, and I went for Feria shade 74 in Mango. This was the result...


I'm still not quite over it, and neither is my hair. Mumma Shaw with all her wisdom suggested I wear a hat the following day.

x





No comments:

Post a Comment