Monday 2 September 2013

Embracing Autumn

HOW IS IT SEPTEMBER?! No, really. How? Answers on a postcard please. (Remember the days of that?!)

August has been a great month for me - I've got to explore London a bit more, seen a lot of my wonderful family, attended the wedding of the year, and got to take ET home. Here's a few of the highlights through the medium of Instgram.  (My new favourite motto: Slap a filter on it.)
The resemblance is uncanny. 



Brand sparkly new Sister-in-Laws.

I love this. The striking fourth plinth at Trafalgar Sqaure, by Katharina Fritsch.

Beautiful afternoon tea at The Modern Pantry.
 
For me, seeing the months creep further away from Summer isn't actually all that much of a bad thing. I'm one of the few people in this world that actually prefers the colder months to the sunnier ones. I think it's something to do with the thought of wood fires in old pubs, duvet nights, bobble hats, chunky knits and the fact that I would be right at home in a Beatrix Potter novel.

I do, however, love summer dresses, and this means I'm currently on the hunt for ways to transition my extensive summer wardrobe into a more Autumn-ready one.

Jumper - Topshop - £32
Jacket - Topshop - £65
Shift dress - Zara - £45.99
Jumper dress - Urban Outfitters - £95
Boots - Swear via ASOS - £136.50

Summer dresses/skirts + ankle boots + baggy knits- sweaty tubes x hot chocolate = YES.
x



No comments:

Post a Comment