Friday 20 September 2013

Tartan! Who's With Me?

Who decides that something's going to be a trend?! Whoever it is, I want to salute them. I also want to be that person. What would I make the next big thing? I did used to love my lime green combat trousers with tassels on the side (think Hear'Say era.) Maybe they should make a comeback.


Back on track... tartan to me used to mean a scarf that loitered in the cupboard under the stairs, and the skirts the posh girls at the local private school used to wear, but that is NO MORE. Tartan is now super cool. 

I was working quite a bit last week at London Fashion Week, and noticed more checked items than I could shake a fashion stick at. Even double tartan was making an appearance! Usually I'm sceptical about trends, but I flipping love this. There's something so wintry and old school about tartan, and you all know I'm a sucker for log fires and winter warmers. I've had my eye on a tartan skater dress from New Look but it's already out of size 8, so I've decided to put a collection of the best high street tartan bits just on the off chance that you'd like to join me in my tartan loving.

Check it out! Har.
x

1. ASOS - £28 
2. New Look – £22.99 
3. ASOS – £40 
4. Miss Selfridge - £32 
5. Boohoo - £25 
6. Topshop - £30
7. Boohoo - £15 
8.  New Look - £17.99 
9. Miss Selfridge – £79 
10. Urban Outfitters – £40


2 comments:

  1. I have just bought item eight from your list! :) Toni xxx

    ohheytone.com

    ReplyDelete